Thursday 31 May 2007

Experimental Trading

Apart from betting (with management :) ) I also trade in betfair, and tennis is a good sport to trade cause of the swing of prices. Anyway anyone knows about this but an idea that I have recently is this. In a game sometimes a player is winning and suddenly some mistake happens and he is losing, and from odds of around 1.2 the odds go to 2... and if he loses a set odds go completely different way. so my experimental trading is this.

Find games which I think there will be swing of price and lay both sides at odds less than 2, when the game starts I am putting the following bets and see what happens.

For tomorrow I will try with low stakes the following.

Jan Hajek vs Bohdan Ulihrach, Lay both @1.3 lost
comments : Hajek won minimum minimum odds on Ulihrach where 1.45

Oscar Hernandez vs Philipp Kohlschreiber Lay both @ 1.4 lost
hernandez won in straight sets

Ivo Karlovic vs Bjorkman Lay both at 1.2 won
comments :at the moment in play, both players reached odds as low as 1.08

Andreev vs Massu Lay both at 1.2

Mathieu vs G.Simon Lay both at 1.2

Montanes vs Gulbis Lay both at 1.2 lost
montanes reached 1.02 then went up to 2 then down to 1.25... still inplay....
Montanes won the set after and won the game

Moya vs Serra Lay both at 1.25 lost
Moya won in 3 sets,Serra had no chance

M. Zabaleta vs O.Patience Lay both at 1.25 lost
comment : this was an almost one, the odds on Zabaleta went down to 1.28 at one point

Verdasco vs Tursnov Lay both at 1.15 lost
comment : Verdasco won in straight sets

comments and suggestions on this system are welcome :)

2 comments:

Rob said...

Nice idea, I have considered something similar. I wonder if you might be better off laying both at 1.5 or 1.6, say? Still a tidy profit, and much more chance of both sides getting matched - you've had some "near misses" with the lower odds which would have been OK at 1.5.

Thanks for your comments on my blog.

andi0233 said...

Yeah with 1.5 I am sure you hit more games. I am still experimenting the best value althought I thing there is never the exact value. I think the best solution is to put the value depending on the starting odds of the game. ex. if the odds are 1.9, 2.08, 1.5 is good. but then if the odds are 1.5,3. then 1.2 could be better. Thanks for your comments and if you have some data let me know :).