Sunday 27 May 2007

Not Good Enough..... Back or Lay ?

Its frustrating when you get 11 out of 13 results and still do not make a profit, I am referring to my soccer picks of today. One factor is that I am using betfair (betting exchange) and in my selection i am opposing the underdogs. in betfair the odds of underdogs usually are of higher value than there real value and I think on the long run this could effect the long term profits. so keeping in mind this I had in mind other alternatives. These are the following.

If you notice my soccer pics today out of 13, 10 of them won 1 draw and 2 losses, so what if I back my selections instead of Laying them. I am sure i would have made a profit rather than a small loss, The reason behind it is that odd are higher on betfair, and this could work in our favour.

Another alternative would be to use a fixed liability staking plan, meaning I bet as a lay bet a percentage of the bank (say 2% - 5%). if my selection losses the I lose 2%-5% depending which figure i choose then if I win I win depending on the odds. Obviously the lower the odds the more profit. I will try to implement the fixed liability staking for my past selections and for my next ones and compare. Also for next week I will record the back prices for my soccer selections and again compare results.

Tennis canceled.
Today was the start of the Roland Garros, and lots of games have been cancelled due to rain. todays picks will be presented on tomorrows post.

No comments: