Monday 25 June 2007

Tennis Statistics

Wimbledon, is another major tennis event. In major events I tend to have a better strike rate, in roland garros I had 61 out of 72 bets correct which is equivalent to a strike rate of 85%. Combined with a suitable stake plan should make good profits. Since I started posting on the blog I had 194 tennis bets and had 32 losers and 162 winners which gives a strike rate of 84 %.

Consider my strike rate, and my selections, my staking plan is the following. Lay Category 1 at 2 points and category 2 at 1 point, also I will do parallel staking plan with backing 10 points on Category 1 and 5 points on Category 2.

Category 1 should have higher strike rate in the long run and therefore should be more profitable.

p.s all bets are on spreadsheet, if anyone is interested please send a mail on systemsexchange@gmail.com and i will send them.

Also i you have any suggestions for staking plans let me know.

Summary so far.(tennis)

Total bets 194,
Bets won 162
Bets lost 32
Strike rate 84 %

3 comments:

Jaco said...

I used to lay a unit between where the odds were between 2.5 and 4. Had a strike rate of around 62% and as a whole it was actually profitable.

However, it was nowhere close to your 84%, good going! Would be interested to hear what staking plan you come up with in the end, there must be an additional way to maximise the profits.

Admin said...

hej jaco, I am working on the best staking plan, I want to reach around 500 bets first and then calculate, average odds, longest winning streak, longest losing streak... and more things, using an agressive staking plan you could win a lot but on a bad streak you could finish your bank, i want to make sure that never happens, otherwise there is no survival :) any staking plan recommendations are welcome.

Jaco said...

I mostly trade these days, but with the way I'm trading lately I think my previous experience of outright lays will give the same ROI. (If not better)

I wanted to take the same approach as you a while back, started analyzing after 250 bets. In my case I just couldn't find the right pattern or come up with a different (than 1 unit lay) staking plan.

Yesterday I toyed with just laying outright again, only difference is that I put a stop-loss in place, i.e. in the Karlovic match where things turned. Let the winnings ride and cut the losses.

I stay with lays of 1% of the bank, which gives a steady return and not that much risk. (1% calculated at the start of the day.) The strange thing is that if you grow your bank by only (??!!) 3% per day, you double it after 24 days.